You may ask why you need to change windows in your home…
Here are just some of the reasons:
- Lower heating and cooling costs
- Improved health due to better draft and moisture control
- High-efficiency windows will increase the resale value of your home
- Modern vinyl windows help block outside noise
- Vinyl windows are virtually maintenance-free
- Vinyl windows are highly durable, as they are resistant to chipping, corroding, rotting and swelling
- They are very practical and are aesthetically pleasing
- Vinyl windows are available in a wide variety of styles, sizes and shapes, which gives you the opportunity to incorporate windows with the overall interior or exterior design of your home
- Enhanced security
- Vinyl windows are affordable. Custom crafted wood frame windows sure look great, but they cost a fortune too. A properly matched vinyl window looks just as nice as its wooden counterpart at a fraction of the cost.
These are just some of the benefits of installing new vinyl windows in your home. Just compare their benefits to other types of windows and it’s easy to understand why vinyl windows are indeed superior.
When buying new replacement windows a little bit of planning will cut your energy bill and guarantee you a more comfortable, draft-free home for years to come. It is crucial that you consider your purchase of new vinyl windows as an investment and not an expense. It’s worthwhile to select the best high-performance models available – They will pay you back!!! The list of main differences is: the use of insulated spacers, low-E film on the glass and an inert gas, such as argon, to fill the space between the two panes of glass. Because the inert gas stops heat transfer between the two panes, the inside pane stays much warmer and comfortable to the touch. Windows sold by Canglow have a frame constructed from UPVC (unplasticised polyvinylchloride), opposed to PVC (polyvinylchloride). The main difference is in PVC formulation. Early PVC windows had problems with extreme expansion and contraction during temperature swings, as well as fading, peeling and cracking when exposed to direct sunlight. UPVC minimizes movement and developed additives help resist the ultraviolet rays in sunlight.
Old drafty windows can account for as much as 25 percent of your monthly heating bill, so it’s very important to select windows with high-energy efficiency.
Call Canglow Windows to schedule an in-house appointment for a free consultation.